Sea to Summit
Thermolite Reactor Extreme Liner
60436-14105Regular price $69.95 Save $-69.95
The THERMOLITE Reactor Extreme is the warmest backpacking knit sleeping bag liner Sea to Summit offers. The hollow fiber yarns work just like the hollow-core fur of a polar bear in that they trap heat effectively. When the mercury drops you'll appreciate the mummy shape and drawcord hood with mini cord lock attached. Depending on your environment and sleep conditions, this liner can increase your sleeping bag warmth by up to 25F.
- Add 25°F / 15°C to any sleeping bag? Not necessarily. There are a lot of factors involved in the thermal performance of a sleep system, starting with the insulation value of your sleeping pad
- Work for backpacking? For most backpackers. The Reactor Extreme weighs 13.9 ozs – a reasonable trade off in weight/thermal performance for occasional cold-weather backpackers. Weight-conscious performance users may opt for a Spark Sp 0 / Flame Fm 0.
- Need special care when being washed? No! The Reactor Extreme can be washed in a washing machine with normal supermarket laundry ‘soap’; just avoid fabric softeners as they will reduce the wicking performance of the fabric. You can dry it in a dryer, use cool or low heat.
- Stretchy, Thermolite® fabric is incredibly comfortable
- 110g/m² fabric is warmer than the 80g/m² Thermolite® used in the standard Reactor
- Works like your favorite cold-weather base layer to trap insulating air and increase warmth
- Easy care – no special soap is needed
- Significantly improves the thermal performance of your sleeping bag
- Comfortable stretchy fabric
- Keeps sleeping bag clean
- Machine wash and air dry - Avoid fabric softeners & dryer sheets to maintain wicking performance
- Packs into its own Ultra-Sil™stuff sack
- The Reactor Extreme is perfect for:
- Backpackers whose sleep system will be used in colder climates
- Campers whose sleeping bags don't keep them warm a the advertised temperature
- Very warm-weather campers who don't need a full sleeping bag
- Campers or backpackers looking to extend the performance of a (perhaps order) sleeping bag into shoulder seasons