At this time, our rock climbing wall is closed until further notice. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause.
We have a rock climbing boulder at our flagship store located in the South Windermere Shopping Center. Learn more about our climbing boulder facility below or call the store at 843-556-6279 for more information.
Make sure to sign our downloadable waiver form today and bring it to the store. With the start of a new year, we require everyone to fill out a new waiver. Make sure to have a parent or gaurdian present if you are under the age of 18 or bring in a completed, signed form when you come to boulder. This is a requirement and you will not be allowed to climb if we do not have a current waiver on hand.
Climbing Wall Hours
James Island County Park climbing team will be having practice on our climbing wall - every Monday, Tuesday and Thursday from 4:45pm to 6pm.
|Monday||10:00 am - 5:45 pm|
|Tuesday||10:00 am - 5:45 pm|
|Wednesday||10:00 am - 5:45 pm|
|Thursday||10:00 am - 5:45 pm|
|Friday||10:00 am - 5:45 pm|
|Saturday||10:00 am - 5:45 pm|
|Sunday||12:00 pm - 4:45 pm|
Birthday Parties and Events
Are you looking for a fun environment for your next event? We happily accept parties. We provide 1-2 PIT BOSSES who will belay climbers and spot those who boulder. One and a half hours of climbing coupled with some refreshments on our patio makes for a good party anytime. On rainy days, we do allow food and drinks inside, but respectfully request that parents help clean up. Please note that we do not provide food or drinks, just a great facility and friendly staff.
Birthday parties may be scheduled by appointment, with advance notice (to ensure enough staff is on hand, so that everyone gets to climb). Please inquire about prices..
Please contact South Windermere to schedule your birthday party at firstname.lastname@example.org or call at 843-556-6279
We offer a Climbing Card that will let you enjoy climbing and bouldering at a great value. Instead of paying for each activity, you can simply get a climbing card that can be used by the entire family or group of friends.
- $60 for a climbing card for 20 punches (an $80 value)
- The card can be used by multiple people (perfect for families)
Staff Supervised Activity (ages 8-17):
- $120 per hour and a half for 1-15 kids (this is our most popular option, commonly used for birthday parties, and includes 1 staff member and rental equipment, as well as the private use of the bouldering wall and our picnic tables)
- $195 per hour and a half for 15+ kids.
Self Service Activity (ages 18 and up):
- 1 day of bouldering (per climber) is $4, or one punch on a Climbing Card
- Climbing shoes are $2 (Note: street shoes are allowed, but must be closed toe)
- Harness rental is $3
Rules and Regulations
- Every climber age 18 and up MUST read and sign a waiver that we shall keep on file for the applicable year; climbers up to (and including) the age of 17 MUST have a waiver signed by a parent or legal guardian that we shall keep on file for the applicable year.
- Every minor up to and including age 17 MUST have a parent or legal guardian present in the bouldering wall area while bouldering or on belay.
- No Minors boulder under the age of 18 (climbing managers on duty can determine whether or not to let you boulder)
- No topping out by minors is allowed (do not climb on top of the wall if you are a minor)
- Minors under 17 years of age MUST be on auto-belay.
- Minors under 17 years of age MUST wear closed toe shoes
- Minors under 17 years of age MUST wear harnesses
- Shirts and closed toe shoes must be worn at all times.
- No outside chalk is permitted; chalk can be purchased at Half Moon.
- No profanity or inappropriate attire is permitted.
- Any violations of these rules or the use of unsafe climbing practices will result in one warning. If violations continue, you will be asked to leave for the day.