Sting Ray Hybrid 2-Piece Versa-Lok Kayak Paddle
52847-14109Regular price $199.95
THIS ITEM IS IN STORE PICK-UP ONLY!
Aqua-Bound's most popular blade style for flatwater, the Sting Ray Hybrid offers tight-fitting construction and reliable performance, plus a premium adjustable length ferrule.
- Weighing 31 ounces, the Sting Ray Hybrid is the lightest adjustable length, flatwater injected molded kayak paddle available at this price point.
- Redesigned, stronger blade. The new blade shape provides a smoother forward stroke with less chances for flutter, stiffer feel, and quieter entry and exit. The upgraded fiberglass + nylon blade material is stronger (meaning less flex) and thicker, making it more durable and robust long-term.
- The Versa-Lok bolt is precision tightened to maximize performance. Adjustments may cause undue stress, failure and void warranty.
- Fiberglass-reinforced nylon blades are designed for forgiveness and just the right amount of flex, keeping the kayak moving efficiently even with extra gear slowing you down.
- 92.5 sq. inch blade it the ideal size for efficiency, providing enough torque to maneuver the kayak without being overly fatiguing.
- The traditional “mid-sized” or slender blade design is preferred by low-angle paddlers where the forward stroke is more horizontal or relaxed in nature.
- The carefully engineered blade shape slices into and out of the water and limits fatigue due to wind resistance.
- The sharp dihedral provides a silky-smooth forward stroke with zero tolerance for fluttering, preserving your energy for longer paddling trips.
- 100% carbon shaft is the lightest material available, so paddling is less fatiguing and more enjoyable on longer trips. The carbon weave is tight and secure, making it one of the strongest options available.
- The shaft is ovalized where the hands go for more comfort and control, and to limit the chances for blisters.
- Versa-Lok™ offers 15cm of additional length and infinite feathering options, and does so with an easy to use and understand system that is secure (no disengagement), robust (will hold form for a very long time), and resistant to corrosion (nylon plastic and stainless steel parts).
- The Versa-Lok™ clamping system is backed by structural and cyclical testing, plus a decade of on-water use.
- Carbon ferrule insert is light, tight, and right for the long haul. This is a sizable upgrade over plastic or glass ferrule inserts.
- Featuring two color options: Sunset Red, the ideal companion for an evening paddle trip, and the best selling option in white.
- Proudly hand built in Osceola, Wisconsin, USA, by a team of paddlers and outdoor enthusiasts.
- Shaft Material: 100% Carbon, Ovalized
- Blade Material: abXII Fiberglass Reinforced Nylon
- Blade Size: 6.5 x 18 in. (16.5 x 46 cm)
- Blade Surface Area: 92.5 sq. in. (597 sq. cm)
- Weight: 31 oz. (879 g)
- Ferrule Angles: Infinite
- Separate your paddle sections (unless it’s a 1 piece)
- Rinse each part with clean, fresh water
- Examine all parts to ensure it is clear of debris
- Dry and store your paddle (separated, if applicable) in a clean, dry, indoor place
- Aqua Bound paddles are guaranteed against manufacturing defects for two years from date of purchase.