American South Field Guide
13416-14108Regular price $20.00
Shipping calculated at checkout.
Through this multilayered portrait of the American South, discover the soul and secrets of the region from folk artists, social justice reformers, jazz icons, renowned storytellers, pitmaster legends and more.
- LOCAL STORIES, TRAVEL INTEL AND MODERN LORE, INCLUDING:
- The top meat and threes in the South
- Blues musicians of note
- Intel from a legendary horse jockey
- Notable terrain formations and where to find them
- Scenic drives in every southeastern state
- Illustrated map of Alabama folk art
- An ode to the mint julep
- Essays from Daniel Wallace and Nikole Hannah-Jones
- An interview with a barbecue legend
- Our essential list of southern books, films and music